– Your SleepBit device communicates with your Bluetooth (BLE) enabled smart device and establishes a “pairing” or communication between the two.
– You will need to “pair” the devices with your smart phone or other device to initialize your SleepBit before it can be used for the first time.
– Once your SleepBit has collected sufficient data you will need to pair the devices again to transmit sleep session data to the smart device app for analysis. This action initiates automatically each time your SleepBit device and smart device are in close proximity and powered “on.”
– When transferring sleep data to your smart device, follow the smart device onscreen instructions. Older generations of iOS and Android devices may transfer data slower than newer devices.
– The SleepBit device records your breathing activity once the cannula is connected and the device is initialized and in a ready to record status.
– After using and turning your SleepBit device off, your device will return to the same status when turned back on. It should be off for at least five seconds before turning back on.
– IMPORTANT – the SleepBit device will continue to record if it is not turned off! Avoid recording meaningless data and running down the batteries by making sure the SleepBit device is switched off once a sleep session is completed.
– NOTE – It is not necessary to have your smart device turned on during sleep recording sessions.
STEP 1 – PREPARING your SLEEPBIT DEVICE for the SLEEP SESSION
1. Attach the SleepBit cannula to the airflow input at top of SleepBit device.
2. Turn the SleepBit device power switch “on”. The top power indicator light will turn green.
3. Set SleepBit device down for self-calibration. Do not move the device during this process. The top green light will remain solid during calibration (approximately 2 minutes).
-The SleepBit device must have the cannula attached to properly calibrate
STEP 2 – RECORDING with SLEEPBIT DEVICE
1. The top green light will turn to red and flash for two minutes when it is ready to record.
2. Place the SleepBit cannula in proper position under your nose; clip the SleepBit device to your sleep garment with clip provided or place the SleepBit device in proximity to your head
3. Relax and sleep!
STEP 3 – SLEEPING with SLEEPBIT DEVICE
1. During sleep the #1 position light will turn solid green when sufficient score-able data is recorded. It will be illuminated when you awake. If not, then some incident occurred to interrupt recording or you did not sleep a sufficient length of time (minimum of 5 hrs.).
2. If #1 position light is not solid green and “OTHER LIGHT INDICATORS” are illuminated (see below) correct the condition.
After correcting; repeat Step 1 and Step 2 above.
1. After multiple recording sessions the #2 position solid red light might come on indicating you have reached the limit of the recordable data. Light will turn off automatically in approximately 2 minutes. If more recording space is desired contact the SleepBit customer service agent at email@example.com.
2. When the recording limit has been reached (1 above) the top green power light will not turn red and flash, thus preventing more data recording. Light will turn off automatically in approximately 2 minutes.
3. Position #3 red light is the low battery indicator. If this light comes on, recording will not continue until the batteries have been changed. (2-AAA). Light will turn off automatically in approximately 2 minutes. Be sure to observe polarity of the batteries when installing.